Instead of waiting in line, Minnesotans will now be able to schedule appointments online for class D knowledge tests at any of the 14 regional DVS exam stations.
What to expect:
Minnesotans will need to book appointments online at Drive.Mn.Gov.
An appointment is now required. Walk Ins will be turned away.
To schedule an appointment:
· Go to drive.mn.gov.
· Select Schedule or Reschedule an Exam.
· Follow the prompts.
Anyone who cannot keep an appointment should cancel their appointment online at drive.mn.gov with as much notice as possible so that appointment can be opened up for someone else.
Minnesotans will be required to complete a wellness screening before entering the exam station and should come prepared.
· Wear a face mask (required).
· Bring required documents.
· Know your social security number.
· Bring check, cash or money order to pay the instruction permit fee and the retesting fee, if applicable.
· There is a $10 test fee for third or subsequent knowledge tests after failing the first two.
· You must be at least 15 years old.
· Bring your certificate of enrollment (blue card) proving that you completed classroom instruction and are signed up for behind-the-wheel instruction.
· A parent, court-appointed guardian, county-appointed foster parent or the director of the transitional living program you reside in will need to come with to sign and approve your application.